Search This Blog
- 01.11.10: Too Cold To Ride? Here’s Some Tips
- 01.09.10: JC: A Guy You Should Never Underestimate.
- 12.24.09: Merry Christmas: Parlee Z5 Riding Impressions
- 12.20.09: Bike Fit: It’s Not The Tools, It’s The Person Using Them!
- 12.14.09: Tis The Season: Toasty Assos Tights
- 12.11.09: Above Category Heads To Cyclocross Nationals!
- 12.10.09: Another Stunning Pinarello Project Bike
- 12.07.09: Our Favorite Things: Assos AirJack 851
- 12.04.09: Parlee Z3 SL Long Term Test
- 12.02.09: BMC Pro Machine SLC 01 Project Bike
Above Category Heads To Cyclocross Nationals!
posted December 11, 2009 by admin
All eyes in the domestic cycling world are focused on Bend, Oregon this weekend for the 2009 USA cyclo-cross championships. Of course the Above Category team is well represented with Spence, Alex, Blair, Michael and Bob in the mix. The riders left on Thursday afternoon for the drive to Bend and will race on Friday and Saturday in the Jr. events.
Riders will battle it out on a frozen and highly technical course along the Deschutes River; a circuit that has been made much more technical in recent days as race promoters have been forced to make significant changes to it due to unexpected levels of snow and cold temperatures. In the first day of racing, number of sections of the course were littered with the bikes and bodies of fallen riders that simply could not stay upright in the slippery conditions.
Thanks to bike sponsor FOCUS Bicycles, who have a tent, demo fleet and repair area, the team will have an additional level of support. There’s no question that the cold and snowy conditions and bumpy course will cause a number of mechanicals.
Stay tuned for an update over the weekend.