Search This Blog
- 12.13.11: Picture of the week: The joy of early morning rides
- 12.12.11: Bike of the week: Parlee Z5 in Candy Blue
- 10.26.11: Baum Ristretto Part III, the ride.
- 10.25.11: Building a Baum Part II, the Ristretto.
- 10.13.11: Building a Baum
- 10.07.11: New Parlee Z5 in Matte Black
- 09.28.11: Meet the AC crew, starting with Ralf, the Berufsmechaniker
- 09.22.11: Slowing down
- 09.20.11: Introducing Baum!
- 09.06.11: What’s new, where we’ve been, gone AWOL, etc, etc…
New Parlee Z5 in Matte Black
posted October 7, 2011 by Chad
We just received this Parlee Z5 in today. This is the first one we’ve done in matte black (besides the stock Z5sl) and it turned out great. The customer also had the panels done in glossy white paint with light blue for the borders. Great combination and thanks to him has given us some new ideas for our custom shop bike and customers bikes in the future. This is what we love about Parlee’s custom paint program, so many options and a great way to add some personality to your ride.
We’ve gone over the Z5′s ride many times in the past, but again, we love the simplicity of the bike. Super smooth, simple and potent. Amazing climber, super capable descender and a stable well handling bike that allows you to concentrate on your riding, not guessing what’s going to happen next.
Matte black meets glossy white. Parlee did a great job with the paint on this frame. It has a nice smooth transition from the matte finish to the glossy painted finish.
Simple, classy and effective round tubes on the Parlee. Carbon seat clamp with titanium hardware.
BB30 bottom bracket. Parlee is switching over to press fit in the future and already have a Shimano adapter to work with that though this frame will have a Campagnolo Super Record build which has an adapter for BB30 and Press Fit 30. We still like and miss the standard threaded BB’s, but that’s just us, and these have proven to work well.
This frame is in the process of being built and we’ll have the finished photo’s tomorrow. Have been deciding on tape, cables and hoods. We’ll see soon!